Touchpad pointer speed cannot be changed, no touchpad driver on the support page

Atanasn
Atanasn Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have brand new Acer Swift SF314-52, BIOS v 1.09. Win 10 is updated to the latest build.
Touchpad pointer speed does not change when I change it in Mouse Properties, Pointer Options tab. How can I change the pointer speed?
I cant find driver for this model on the support page. Installed by Win 10 driver is Elantech. This driver does not have any options for configuring gestures or scrolling areas. How can I enable scrolling by one finger on the right vertical zone of the touchpad for example?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Right click on the Windows start icon. Click settings. Click Devices. Click Mouse and touchpad. Tweak settings therein to see if you can change cursor speeds. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Try downloading iobit's DriverBooster freeware or DriveEasy to see if of them can pick up a newer control apps that I'm not aware of. Since neither the user manual nor specs mention one-finger scrolling, it's unlikely to be available at the moment at least for this Elan precision model.  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Do you have any other mice attached other than the touchpad? How many devices show up in the mouse properties hardware tab? If more than one, have you selected the others to adjust? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Atanasn
    I tried with external USB mouse. It works OK and I can change pointer speed. But I want to use touchpad with faster pointer speed and one finger scrolling. That is all :-)
    Only one device is show up in the mouse properties hardware tab. Currently installed driver is ELAN I2C Filter Driver.
  • JackE
    Does the speed selector under the pointer option tab have no effect or are grey-out? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Atanasn
    Speed selector does not have effect on pointer speed. It is not grey-out, I can move it. It works fine for external USB mouse and it changes pointer speed.
    But not for touchpad.
    I suppose I need dedicated touchpad driver with a lot of options and animated setup guide. My old Acer has such driver. Other laptops I have checked also have.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Right click on the Windows start icon. Click settings. Click Devices. Click Mouse and touchpad. Tweak settings therein to see if you can change cursor speeds. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Atanasn
    Mouse and Touchpad are separate tabs on Devices. I can change the speed in Touchpad settings tab. Thank you!
    What about scrolling with one finger on the right vertical zone of the touchpad for example? Is it possible to enable it? I could find such option.
  • JackE
    These gestures are from your user manual that should've been inside the packing box. Also click box in settings that show more settings that aren't currently available. Maanual can be download from the ACER download site under documents https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7227?b=1 Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Atanasn
    I have and I red the manual. But I didn't found how to scroll with ONE finger in this document. Scrolling is possible with two fingers. My question is how to scroll with one finger?
  • JackE
    Is the touchpad section in the BIOS main tab set to advanced or basic  mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Atanasn
    It is set to advanced.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Try downloading iobit's DriverBooster freeware or DriveEasy to see if of them can pick up a newer control apps that I'm not aware of. Since neither the user manual nor specs mention one-finger scrolling, it's unlikely to be available at the moment at least for this Elan precision model.  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Atanasn
    Driver Booster shows that mouse drivers are up to date. I should use two finger scrolling for now :-(
    Thank you for your support!
  • JackE
    Sorry. Yes for now it seems. However, you should check for updates from time to time to see if new drivers are released. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ