does my windows 8.1 laptop NE56R41u support bluetooth?

bill1438
bill1438 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Does my windows 8.1 laptop NE56R41u support bluetooth?  

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Open Device Manager. Check for a BT folder and a Network BT folder.  If BT does not exist, you can purchase a tiny CSR4.x BT USB adapter for less than $10.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Your model was one of those 'in-betweeners' as far as BT is concerned. If it was originally a factory-delivered Win7 machine, BT hardware was very unlikely. If it was a factory Win8.x, BT hardware was more likely but still not common. Either way, Device Manager doesn't detect BT hardware so it's either not installed or has failed --- my guess is that it's not installed. So yes, you will need a USB BT adapter.  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• bill1438
    im trying to use my google home mini as a bluetooth speaker for my laptop.  
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Open Device Manager. Check for a BT folder and a Network BT folder.  If BT does not exist, you can purchase a tiny CSR4.x BT USB adapter for less than $10.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bill1438
    Thank you Jack!  I couldn't find a BT folder in device manager, but i was able to get an old rocketfish usb bluetooth adaptor that i had used with an older computer, and it actually worked with my laptop as well.  Does this mean that my laptop in not capable of bluetooth without this adaptor plugged in?  
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Your model was one of those 'in-betweeners' as far as BT is concerned. If it was originally a factory-delivered Win7 machine, BT hardware was very unlikely. If it was a factory Win8.x, BT hardware was more likely but still not common. Either way, Device Manager doesn't detect BT hardware so it's either not installed or has failed --- my guess is that it's not installed. So yes, you will need a USB BT adapter.  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ