100% Disk Usage - Nitro 5 AN515-52 (NH.Q3MEP.013) - Brand new

ricardowerneck
ricardowerneck Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I have a brand new Nitro 5, opened yesterday. I ran it the first time and after the guided instructions from Cortana, I noticed that something was wrong. A brand new Nitro 5 wouldn't be so laggy and take long to open everything (even the task manager itself or any simple folder).

After some time, I realized that the disk usage, shown at Task Manager, is always showing 100%. After many searches in Internet, I tried many things (superfetch, disable windows search, Disk Check, virtual RAM, etc etc).

I'm really bothered since this is the first time with an Acer and I really would like to solve this problem ASAP. I know the main problem is with the Windows 10 but what would you recommend to me as solution for such kind of problem? Since you have already experience such problem with other users, what was the solution? Is this a case of returning the Nitro 5 to the manufacturer (bought directly from Acer Store Poland).

My setup is Nitro 5 AN515-52 (NH.Q3MEP.013) - So i5-8300H, 8gb RAM, GTX 1050.

Thank you,

Ricardo

Answers

• eamo1
    eamo1 Member Posts: 3 New User
    i deleted skype app and deleted chrome and that worked for me
  • LaughterS
    LaughterS Member Posts: 9 New User
    Hello,

I have a brand new Nitro 5, opened yesterday. I ran it the first time and after the guided instructions from Cortana, I noticed that something was wrong. A brand new Nitro 5 wouldn't be so laggy and take long to open everything (even the task manager itself or any simple folder).

After some time, I realized that the disk usage, shown at Task Manager, is always showing 100%. After many searches in Internet, I tried many things (superfetch, disable windows search, Disk Check, virtual RAM, etc etc).

I'm really bothered since this is the first time with an Acer and I really would like to solve this problem ASAP. I know the main problem is with the Windows 10 but what would you recommend to me as solution for such kind of problem? Since you have already experience such problem with other users, what was the solution? Is this a case of returning the Nitro 5 to the manufacturer (bought directly from Acer Store Poland).

My setup is Nitro 5 AN515-52 (NH.Q3MEP.013) - So i5-8300H, 8gb RAM, GTX 1050.

Thank you,

Ricardo

man, I did the same thing and it still spikes up to 100%..
  • Jenicachen
    Jenicachen Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

A background task was running e.g.windows upgrade from first set-up and you need to leave the laptop for about 30 minutes. For now, the only thing you can do is to wait, of if you have extra cash buy upgrade to your RAM it will really help. Been there, done that.
  • Jenicachen
    Jenicachen Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

For the meantime, while you wait for your upgrade. Type - settings - privacy - background apps - and turn off all existing app running that are not in use.
  • ricardowerneck
    ricardowerneck Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

After thousands of trials and many actions taken, the 100% disk usage was not ocurring anymore so often. Anyway, boot was still very slow and everything I was opening took quite a significant time.

Bought the Samsung 970 Evo. By far, best option to solve the problem and give that extra boots to the Nitro 5. It boots now in seconds and never had any issue of 100% disk usage anymore. Also, I put all software in SSD, so even games are running better (opening faster, load times much quicker and no crashes anymore). Highly recommend this solution.
  • arcanus18
    arcanus18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    what will happen if you did not do the first time set up??