my SF315-52-52YN wont turn on and is getting hot

Options
kqeri
kqeri Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
my swift 3 died the other night so i pluged it onto the charger and set it onto my desk. i woke up this morning and didn't attempt to turn it on until later in the evening so it had plenty of time to charge. i tried to turn it on and it was extremely hot. it did not turn on and i looked on the side but no charging light was showing up. im not sure whats going on with it but it will not turn on, the battery light has not lit up, and if i plug it up to charge it gets very hot. 

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @kqeri
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Still if the unit does not work than , change the adapter and check. Still if the laptop does not turn on and even using a different charger if the laptop gets very hot than please call Acer support soon. For safety purpose if the unit gets very hot i suggest you to unplug the cables from laptop and do not try to turn on.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @kqeri
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Still if the unit does not work than , change the adapter and check. Still if the laptop does not turn on and even using a different charger if the laptop gets very hot than please call Acer support soon. For safety purpose if the unit gets very hot i suggest you to unplug the cables from laptop and do not try to turn on.