2018 Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 Support > Drivers and Manuals website issue

Options
Mateo620
Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just tried to look up drivers for my SF114-32 but came across an issue. Not sure if this is normal website maintenance or some other issue but I thought I'd bring it to moderators' attention. Maybe this can be forwarded to Acer engineers or the correct team for further investigation.

1. First when i search for my model number it says Product Model not found. I can however, find it by selecting my device manually.

2. However, when I find my device manually the web page looks like this. It is blank with nothing relevant on there.

3. And lastly, I did a quick Google search for "sf114-32 drivers" and found an Acer web page with drivers but it looks like this. This doesn't look normal.

I figured Id bring this issue to light. I hope this means the SF114-32's drivers are being updated but it could just be a server glitch or something of that sort.

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you go to the driver download site https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers  try this. Enter sf114 and wait a moment. A list of possibilities pops up below the enter box. Click on the sf114-32 entry. I just experimented doing it this way and here's what happens as shown on this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7564?b=1   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mateo620
    Options
    I tried that and the website appears to be working fine now. The drivers and software were not updated, too bad.
  • JackE
    Options
    Mateo620

But what driver problem do you have that seems to need an update? Perhaps DriverBooster freeware or DriverEasy may help? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mateo620
    Options
    @JackE

Drivers and BIOS are kinda old and I feel like some of the issues I've encountered with my SF114-32 could be fixed via software updates. Issues such as display/graphics, USB-C, and SSD compatibility. All Drivers are dated 2018/03/29 and most recent BIOS is 2018/05/18. I do understand the Swift 1 is an entry-level low-end budget laptop and likely not high on the list of priorities for Acer but were now in 2019 and updates and fixes are always appreciated. These are not preventing me from using the laptop on a daily basis but just more of a "wish list" as an owner.
  • JackE
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Never mess with BIOS firmware on a functional machine. As for drivers, could you be more specific on the issues with graphics/display, USB-C and SSD compatibility? As for  graphics, your machine's adapter is limited to 1920 x 1080p on the lid screen, 60Hz max and HDMI 3840 x 2160p, 30Hz max. The USB-C is a 3.1 gen 1 port limited to USB-A 3 capabilities that can support charging. Larger size m.2 SSD nvme cards, particularly 970s, are notoriously finicky bleeding edge technology that aren't worth the extra money for most users on any machine. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ