Hdd and ssd plate on predator orion 3000

Rchopra18916
Rchopra18916 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi 
Has anyone or does anyone know if the hdd and ssd be moved or can be mounting anywhere else apart from the plate it is on now on the predator orion 3000, graphic card I brought may not for as the mounting plate is an obstruction 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can relocate an internal 3.5" just about anywhere inside that you can find a space for it. You might need a longer SATA3 cable to reach the mainboard but they're standard cables, readily available and cheap. And the drive itself doesn't really have to be mounted on a rack with screws, just semi-immobilized inside the case. I've even duct-taped an HDD to the bottom of one of my desktop enclosures. :)  Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Are you referring to a  3.5" drive and/or m.2 card? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rchopra18916
    Rchopra18916 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

3.5 drive sorry
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can relocate an internal 3.5" just about anywhere inside that you can find a space for it. You might need a longer SATA3 cable to reach the mainboard but they're standard cables, readily available and cheap. And the drive itself doesn't really have to be mounted on a rack with screws, just semi-immobilized inside the case. I've even duct-taped an HDD to the bottom of one of my desktop enclosures. :)  Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ