Long beep, no video and no bootup after bios update on a Acer Aspire TC-603 (Core i5 4440)

Hi,

I have a Acer TC 603 (Intel core i5 4440) which stopped working after a bios update. i only get one long beep, no video output and no boot.

I have tried multiple types of ram but the one long beep remains.I also tried the online vga, but also no output.

I have searched and found multiple topics but no one posted the fix online.

Please help me out :'(

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi,

I have a Acer TC 603 (Intel core i5 4440) which stopped working after a bios update. i only get one long beep, no video output and no boot.

I have tried multiple types of ram but the one long beep remains.I also tried the online vga, but also no output.

I have searched and found multiple topics but no one posted the fix online.

Please help me out :'(
    it could be an issue with the power supply. Check the power supply 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • stefandewal
    stefandewal Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

hi, rudy. thanks for your answer. unfortunately the acer has a power connector which is not a P1. it is about the half the size of a normal P1.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Try doing a CMOS clear then booting to BIOS and settings everything to defaults. I imagine the upgrade corrupted stuff and it's trying to drive the memory faster than it supports. The single long beep is typically a memory error...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • stefandewal

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    by cmos clear you mean setting the dipswitch or removing the battery for several minutes? and should it make a difference when i remove the memory?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    I'd set the jumper or switch to clear it, though removing the battery then draining any left over capacitance by pressing and holding the power button with the power cable disconnected should do it as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Flipmo40
    Flipmo40 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem with same pc... Flashed bios with new version... Because bios had problems detecting windows on new ssd. Now nothing helps... Black screen. Any ideas? 
  • stefandewal

Tinkerer

I ditched the entire laptop. I have tried so many things and wasted many hours.