How to fix black screen?

Options
Retros
Retros Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 and it has problems. I just got it for christmas for about a week now and it's been great. But I didnt use it for at least 10 hrs 1 day. Now its acting up. The screen has been turning black after exiting a application, e.g Fortnite. Basically every app I have. I have to shut down, i cant restart with a black screen. Once i shut down, i turn it back on. But then it turns back . I manually turn it back on. And it works this time. But now when I go into the desktop. It's a black screen. Please help.

Answers

• Retros

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Options
    I forgot to add something but I see a black screen, but I can see cursor. I also charge it to make sure it's on. But it just does the same thing everytime.

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Retros said:
    I have the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 and it has problems. I just got it for christmas for about a week now and it's been great. But I didnt use it for at least 10 hrs 1 day. Now its acting up. The screen has been turning black after exiting a application, e.g Fortnite. Basically every app I have. I have to shut down, i cant restart with a black screen. Once i shut down, i turn it back on. But then it turns back . I manually turn it back on. And it works this time. But now when I go into the desktop. It's a black screen. Please help.
    CHeck for any recent windows updates and make sure the device is up to date.

Also, update the display adapters on your device.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    How do you update display driver?  And m device is up to date. I use task manager to run a new task 'Explorer'it works. But once I open a app and minimize it or exit, it just does the same thing. Also the windows button and task bar is not working as well.
  • Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    I also cant check my setting because my task bar isnt working, if there isnt any other way to get to settings.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! I suggest you install the free driverbooster version! You can also download the driver directly from amd's website "www.amd.com"! I also suggest you disable fast start up in power options:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    My graphics card or GPU isnt AMD. I also cannot access power options. Like I said, taksbar doesnt work. Thank you for trying though. I am looking foward to getting the driver boosting thing though.

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Retros

Have you tried testing the device in safemode. If not please try and check 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    I've tried, nothing happens.

• Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    Please help, I've done everything I can, but nothing is changing. And also i did not download any malware, because if i did, Norton Security would've said so. I am very upset with what happened to my laptop.

• Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok now, the laptop is Automatic Repairing, but it's been stuck on that screen for 1 hour. Is that normal?
  • Retros

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Options
    Ok now it's done  repairing. But I'm still having the same problem. Idk if this helps but when I turned on my laptop before repairing, it said reboot failed, or something like that. The laptops the same and I cant do anything about it. I didnt change any of the bios files. I think I have a corrupted file, and I do not want to factory reset. My taskbar isnt working, windows button isnt working. Not even my laptop or desktop.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What version of bios is installed on the notebook? There is a bios update that updates something on the video card apu, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7605?b=1
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    I might as well take a picture of my screen for system info. I also might ha e made a mistake on the model, because on the hand manual, it said an515-42. The link is also in Spanish 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! I suggest you turn off the notebook, but with the shift key pressed until the notebook turns off completely! That way quick startup will be disabled!
    If this does not work, press alt + f10 before the Acer logo to reinstall windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    OK! I suggest you turn off the notebook, but with the shift key pressed until the notebook turns off completely! That way quick startup will be disabled!
    If this does not work, press alt + f10 before the Acer logo to reinstall windows!
    How should I reinstall? When I start it up? And how do I know quick startup is enabled?
  • Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    Do I also use this?
  • Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    Do I have to factory reset

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! First try turning the notebook off with the shift key to turn off fast start up and then make sure windows works normally!
    Then, if the problem persists and you still have access to the internet, download the driverbooster program in its free version to try to update the drivers: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Retros

Tinkerer

Options
    I've updated all my needed drivers. Theres an option on Driver Booster in the tools section. Theres an option for fix device error. And nothing changed except my disk memory usage for some reason. Is there an other solution? I still cannot play my gmes.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer