Laptop is not getting any power(Aspire VN7-709A)

cblanchfield8
cblanchfield8 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Aspire VN7-709A that I was using on vacation, and suddenly the screen went black and everything turned off leaving me with a computer that did not get any power, no indicator lights turn on using my charger, or a friends charger who has the same computer. I have tried turning it on, charging it, and using a paper clip to reset the battery but nothing is working. As a college student, being able to afford a $1500 laptop was a stretch, but now for it to be broken barely out of warranty, buying another one would be near impossible. Anyone else have similar problems/solutions?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,767 Pathfinder
    I have an Aspire VN7-709A that I was using on vacation, and suddenly the screen went black and everything turned off leaving me with a computer that did not get any power, no indicator lights turn on using my charger, or a friends charger who has the same computer. I have tried turning it on, charging it, and using a paper clip to reset the battery but nothing is working. As a college student, being able to afford a $1500 laptop was a stretch, but now for it to be broken barely out of warranty, buying another one would be near impossible. Anyone else have similar problems/solutions?
    have you took the device to any local store..?
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • cblanchfield8
    cblanchfield8 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Rudy21 said:
    I took it to a few places trying to find a charger for it because we thought that might be the issue, but it wasn’t.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,767 Pathfinder
    Rudy21 said:
    I took it to a few places trying to find a charger for it because we thought that might be the issue, but it wasn’t.
    Im guessing the issue is with the motherboard. Could you try contacting acer support for help. as per my experience with acer support it was great. I would say its worth a try hope any luck might come around.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Stomasz
    Stomasz Member Posts: 1 New User
    We took the Acer Aspire VN7 to a local laptop repair shop and they said the motherboard is non-functional because the CPU post broke off the motherboard..  they say there's no signs of any physical damage no water issues no sign it was dropped.
    I called Acer support this morning and they're telling me that this is going to be a $700 repair for a laptop a couple months out of warranty.
    My son needs his laptop for college; we bought a top of the line i7 laptop for $1,400.00.
     I couldn't get past the first line supervisor but I would like to talk to someone in management at Acer  to see if they really stand behind their products because if this is the final answer that we have to pay $700 to get this laptop fixed due to a manufacturer defect then they've just turned a happy customer into a very upset and angry customer..  and of course we would rather stay a happy customer of Acer.  To only get a little over a year out of a $1,400 laptop is not what we expected and I'm sure Acer`s future customers would expect the same.
    Does anyone have the phone number and/or name of a reliable United States Acer management contact?