In BIOS there are no options to boot from a USB stick??(ASUS Vivobook X556UQ DM094T)

DenCop
DenCop Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have a ASUS Vivobook X556UQ DM094T laptop and in BIOS there are no options to boot from a USB stick - I have tried all the advice/videos I can find on the internet but still not possible to boot from a USB stick. Can any one please help (ASUS's own advice on their weppage does not work eighter)?? Due to a Windows 10 update and Microsoft's update mistakes all my softwaer is now gone, so have to get it up running via a USB stick (the screen is black but can get info BIOS via F2). I am surprice that it is so difficult to get it to work (and I am thinking that I will never purchase a ASUS laptop again - I have used days to try and solve this issue)

Answers

• DenCop
    DenCop Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to follow the youtube video: How to Boot USB and enable CSM on Asus Bios ver 302 (and later) but when I got to whrer I should choose Hard drive BBS Priorities then there I can only choose Hp V22W PMAP there are no other options...

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    All current notebook models have a recovery partition that allows you to reinstall the factory operating system! When you say "all my software is now gone," did you also refer to this recovery partition? To use your model's recovery partition, see this site: https://www.backup-utility.com/okr/asus-recovery-key-1234.html
    To use the pendrive and install windows 10 on the notebook, you need to convert the pendrive to gpt and then download an iso only x64 from windows 10:

Then go to the bios, create a password in setsupervisorpassword or administrador password in the models of asus and disable the secureboot and also launch csm! Launch csm should only be activated when trying to install windows in legacy mode! You must also disable fast boot!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)