Predator Helios 300 (gtx 1060) stutters and fps drops in game

Options
LifeCrew
LifeCrew Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, I'm a new guy at Acer. Before a week, I bought an gaming laptop. While gaming (GTA Online) I got stutter for about 3 sec. Fps drops from 60 to 40. Sometimes, my fps drops to 20 or even 10 for about 5 seconds. I know, that there are many forum topics about this problem, but the thing is that those topics are pretty old. Does any body knows, how to get rid of that annoying stutter/fps droping? Seems, like not the thermal problem, because temps are fine on both gpu and cpu. Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards, Karolis

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    LifeCrew said:
    Hello, I'm a new guy at Acer. Before a week, I bought an gaming laptop. While gaming (GTA Online) I got stutter for about 3 sec. Fps drops from 60 to 40. Sometimes, my fps drops to 20 or even 10 for about 5 seconds. I know, that there are many forum topics about this problem, but the thing is that those topics are pretty old. Does any body knows, how to get rid of that annoying stutter/fps droping? Seems, like not the thermal problem, because temps are fine on both gpu and cpu. Thank you for your understanding.
    Best regards, Karolis
    Topics are still relevant since they pertain to the same i7 - 7 series or 8 series and 1060. So you could still follow them. I have the same system as yours pretty much - 300 with 1060; try following the links in my signature and see if that helps.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045