Acer Aspire R5-571TG Battery Issue

RH888
RH888 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

Lately I've been experiencing battery issues with my R5-571TG and I've had this laptop for 2 years now. When I'm charging my laptop, the charge constantly gets disconnected and connected every few seconds. This usually happens when my battery is full or when I have very low battery and I plug my adapter in. I thought this was an issue with my adapter, so I got a new one but the problem persists. This problem stops happening when I'm charging the laptop and it reaches around 10%-15% battery. Once its full, my battery lasts around 2 hours unplugged. Do you know what is happening? Thank you.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @RH888
    Please try to do power drain and check
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    If still issue persist than try to uninstall the battery drivers and restart you unit and check.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • RH888

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @RH888
    Please try to do power drain and check
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    If still issue persist than try to uninstall the battery drivers and restart you unit and check.

I tried this and it worked for a few days, but the problem is still persisting.
  • RH888

Tinkerer

UPDATE: So I took out the battery and tried running my computer just with the charger. Turns out the problem still persists. Does this mean that this is not a battery issue?