Overheating Chromebook Tab 10

Ondrej_Stehlik
Ondrej_Stehlik Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, after the last update of OS my tablet started overheating during normal use. I try restore but it doesn't help. Anyone have same experience? Have anyone solution?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>> I try restore but it doesn't help>>>

Was this a full factory re-set? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    How do you know it's overheating? Does it stop working? Does it shut off? What are the symptoms of overheating? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hello, after the last update of OS my tablet started overheating during normal use. I try restore but it doesn't help. Anyone have same experience? Have anyone solution?
    Overheating issues are kind of critical.. i would suggest you to contact acer support for warranty help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Ondrej_Stehlik

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    How do you know it's overheating? Does it stop working? Does it shut off? What are the symptoms of overheating? Jack E/NJ
    Simply when I have problem even with hold my hand on display I call it overheating problem. After few moments with display off tablet cool down to normal. On this problem doesn't help lowering display backlight - heat comes from left upper corner (Acer logo down). 
  • JackE
    Yes, but how is this heat affecting the laptop performance? My own laptop has been heating up for years when the screen is on but it does not affect its performance. Is the performance degrading on your laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ondrej_Stehlik

Tinkerer

Performance no, but if you use tablet and you can't even touch the screen, it's uncomfortable user experience. I know, it can work for months or years, but I would like have tablet in the same condition as before update. Or I would like be sure everything is ok and the problem is minor. Thanks for your support
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>> I try restore but it doesn't help>>>

Was this a full factory re-set? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ondrej_Stehlik

Tinkerer

So...After factory reset tablet worked properly for few hours - then during watching video from google drive stoped and restarted. After this tablet continually restarted every few minutes. After one hour of this tablet crashed completely - same problem as "completely drain battery issue" (tablet is not possible to start - when on charger only red blinking; help with hold volume and power button does not helped). Today I sended it on complaint. It is second time the tablet disappointed me. 
  • JackE
    You should immediately arrange for a warranty repair at this link.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/cs/CZ/content/support
    Have your machine's serial number id (SNID) ready.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    So...After factory reset tablet worked properly for few hours - then during watching video from google drive stoped and restarted. After this tablet continually restarted every few minutes. After one hour of this tablet crashed completely - same problem as "completely drain battery issue" (tablet is not possible to start - when on charger only red blinking; help with hold volume and power button does not helped). Today I sended it on complaint. It is second time the tablet disappointed me. 
    I would recommend you to contact acer and explain the situation. Also, if possible do arrange a repair service.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Ondrej_Stehlik

Tinkerer

Thank you guys for your help. Tablet is already sended on warranty servis (I have it from 1.sep.17). After this I must consider to keep him or not. I use the tablet on my trips around world and if I cannot trust him, it is bad.