Can somebody help me fix my computer

Pastori
Pastori Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My acer predator 15 laptop won't start up or shut down it only shows the lights in the macro keys and the power up button

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Sorry for saying that, but I see your notebook is pretty dirty! Could you explain why your notebook is so dusty? Have you checked that the inside of the notebook is also dirty?
    I also suggest you try these procedures:
    a) reset the battery according to this video: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo
    b) If the notebook still does not turn on, the interlock button may not be pressed properly. Usually the button is located next to ram, but I need to know the exact model of your notebook to check the position of this button!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pastori

Tinkerer

Egy I'm not sure that I can do the first step because the lights are on doesn't that tell that the computer is still on in some kind of way and it gets dirty because of my sweaty hands and so on and I clean every single now and them
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited December 2018
    OK! Did you ever try to update the bios before presenting the problem? Did you also try to force the power off by pressing the power button?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pastori

Tinkerer

I am sorry but I don't understand what the first one means but yes I did try to force it off
  • The bios is a motherboard firmware, which when not updated properly may present a problem similar to your notebook! That's why I asked if you tried to update the bios before manifesting the problem! Have you tried connecting an external monitor to see if it displays an image?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pastori

Tinkerer

No I havent but should i

• Commodore_1995#
    edited December 2018
    Even forcing the power off, does the keyboard light remain on? What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pastori

Tinkerer

Yes the light remains on and let me check somewhere real quick
  • Pastori

Tinkerer

This may be a dumb question but are modelnumber and model the same thing?
  • They are not the same thing! At the bottom of the notebook, you'll see something like "an515-51-75kz" on the label!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pastori

Tinkerer

Oh then it's G9-591-52kf
  • Do you remember if windows was updated before presenting the problem? Can you tell the bios version? Is the notebook only using battery power? How long did you press the button to force the shutdown?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pastori

Tinkerer

Windows was not updated where can I see the bios version and yes its only on battery and I tried forcing the shutdown multiple times from 10s to like idk 30s
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited December 2018
    What happens if you press the fn + f4, fn + f5, and fn + f6 buttons? Do you hear the fans spinning?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pastori

Tinkerer

Ok I have good news my computer had shutdown and I started it now and it's working again so thanks for the help I don't know what happened but it's working now
  • When turning on the notebook, did it ask you to recover the windows? It was strange that problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pastori

Tinkerer

It did not
  • OK! Good thing the problem was solved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer