Keeping charger plugged in most of the time ( Swift 3 SF314-55G)

ChrisTing
ChrisTing Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am really curious whether it is ok for me to keep the charger plugged in even when the battery is fully charged and will it affect my battery life? Would like to know if Acer laptops having software or feature that can prevent overcharging.

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ChrisTing said:
    I am really curious whether it is ok for me to keep the charger plugged in even when the battery is fully charged and will it affect my battery life? Would like to know if Acer laptops having software or feature that can prevent overcharging.
    Acer software and hardware would prevent the device from over charging. However, keeping it plugged in all the device would reduce the battery life.

For better battery life i would suggest you to remove the charger once 100% battery and connect it back when its low battery.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    ChrisTing said:
    Acer software and hardware would prevent the device from over charging. However, keeping it plugged in all the device would reduce the battery life.

For better battery life i would suggest you to remove the charger once 100% battery and connect it back when its low battery.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • ChrisTing
    ChrisTing Member Posts: 10 New User
    Alright thank you for the information