Laptop won't turn on and power indicator is purple/pink instead of blue Aspire E1-431

Options
endlesstechissues
endlesstechissues Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Made the mistake of dissecting my old Acer Aspire E1-431 after a year of problems with the network adapter (suddenly disconnects halfway through using it everytime) among other annoying issues. After putting it back together I found that my screen wasn't working, though I could plug it into an external and the rest worked fine. Tried to see what was wrong and continued to fiddle with it, constant power ons and hard shutdowns (another grave mistake), when suddenly it shut down on its own and the power light which is normally blue blinked orange then turned purple/pink. It stayed purple til the battery ran out overnight and nothing else has happened. The fan won't run, there are no noises from the hard drive, the other LEDs besides the power and charging indicator haven't lit up. I've tried unplugging the cmos, and removing all power supplies then holding down the power button, and even wiggling all the cables and connectors around. NOTHING HAS WORKED. I haven't been able to find any other solution on the Internet and it seems very few other have had the same problem. I don't plan on sending it in for repair as I'm finally getting a new laptop but I'd really like to see it running again. Any help is greatly appreciated 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>After putting it back together I found that my screen wasn't working, though I could plug it into an external [monitor] and the rest worked fine.>>>

If the video ribbon cable connectors have been re-seated at the mainboard and LCD inverter board without success, it's likely the ribbon has finally developed conductor trace breaks in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. Replacement video cables are super cheap. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• endlesstechissues
    endlesstechissues Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>After putting it back together I found that my screen wasn't working, though I could plug it into an external [monitor] and the rest worked fine.>>>

If the video ribbon cable connectors have been re-seated at the mainboard and LCD inverter board without success, it's likely the ribbon has finally developed conductor trace breaks in the hinge area from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. Replacement video cables are super cheap. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks, pretty certain that's the case. I'll try if I manage to get my laptop working again