Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series)

HenseHense Posts: 14Member

Tinkerer

My TravelMate 7730G - 844G25Mn seems to have trouble with the graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series). When i turn on my machine the screen is red (and only half the vertical lines are lit) after a short while it turns back to the original blue Windows colour. Sometimes(but not every time) the screen goes black after a few minutes and i have to reboot to start over.
Im running Win 7 Ult. - 64bit. I installed a new SSD HD from Samsung a few years back and it was like getting a new machine, now - i'm afraid the graphics card is about to die...

I took it out and theres nothing to see in terms of brown(burnt) colour. I remodelled the thermopasta and mounted it again and now its running like normal. I don't know for how long thou.

Is it possible to replace the card and if so - where do i get it..?
It messures about 8x8 centimeters and on the little chip it says ATI 
PS.  im able to get to it without tearing the whole mashine apart - so i should think i could do it myself.

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 14,028ACE Trailblazer
    I think your graphics adapter and screen are OK. Next time this happens, HDMI out to a TV set. If the TV screen looks OK but not the LCD screen, you probably either need to re-seat the LCD video ribbon cable a few times to clean its contacts at the mainboard and LCD inverter board --- or --- the LCD video ribbon cable itself needs to be replaced due to conductor trace fractures in the hinge area from opening and closing the lid too much. Jack E/NJ