Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3 GPU software update

alundra009
alundra009 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, can anyone please help me too inform the tech support of Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3 model to update the GPU software. Lots of things are happening starting from tearing of graphic display to unresponsive GUI of Radeon Settings. I hope you will see this issue immediately.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    AMD only produces software for desktop.
    That is not true at least partially.

Sorry for the wrong info. It is true that there are no drivers available for mobile ryzen APUs. It is seems quite wrong, as it is AMD's CPU, but they don't support it.

I don't think posting in the forum will help, but I think it will be better if you create a support ticket.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    You can manually download the latest version of the radeon software directly from amd's website.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• alundra009
    Okay by the way this my unit:

-Model number : Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3
    -CPU & GPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
    -RAM: 4GB 2400
    -Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

ven98 said:
    You can manually download the latest version of the radeon software directly from amd's website.
    I'm sorry but the ACER company is the only one who can produce the drivers for my laptop, that is why I want ACER to update the GPU software and solve the problem. AMD only produces software for desktop.
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    AMD only produces software for desktop.
    That is not true at least partially.

Sorry for the wrong info. It is true that there are no drivers available for mobile ryzen APUs. It is seems quite wrong, as it is AMD's CPU, but they don't support it.

I don't think posting in the forum will help, but I think it will be better if you create a support ticket.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• alundra009
    I'll be creating ticket, Hope God will answer.
  • ven98
    I have read some more info on why AMD doesn't make the drivers and I also found out that they will require the OEMs to deliver driver updates twice every two years starting 2019, otherwise it is up to the OEMs how frequent the updates will be.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• BryanX19x
    BryanX19x Member Posts: 1 New User
    to update the integrated graphic driver you must download the adrenalin driver that is used for desktop computers then you perform a forced installation .. how do you go to the control panel then you are looking for device manager then you are looking for screen adapters you will get amd radeon vega 3 graphics then you give right click and you give update ... after having downloaded the driver of amd osea adrenalin unzip them after unzipping you will get the installation window of amd driver you close then we return to the window of update driver manual os the device manager then you will find software on the computer then you will be able to browse files depends where you uncocked it you look for the folder WT6A_INF in the directory to examine after that you will accept ... after that you will choose a list of controllers on the computer will skip another window select vega 3 .. and you give it to use disk after that you you are going to browse for the .ini files that are like the driver installers in manual mode where you find them inside the folder packages that is inside the files of the amd driver that you unzipped .. then you go to driver then to display to WT6A_inf inside there will be some .ini files that have a serial .. to like this [C0326726.ini] you select it and then you give it to accept then your graphic will appear vega 3 marked and you select the one below and you accept it and it will be installed the driver in manual mode ... then restart ... after that at the moment of starting windows you go to the folder where the driver is ... search again the folder wt6a_inf and look for the folder that will have a serial something like this [B325704 ] after that, searching for the amd installer is called ccc2_install.exe, click it until it will be installed and install it as any program it delays a bit, leave it and do not panic ... after it is installed you restart the computer .. and ready you will have installed driver .. after that if you do not understand I will leave you some videos that helped me to do this .. greetings

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvC-1gYzTP0