Volume Buttons STILL not working

Options
kate222
kate222 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Morning everybody
Jack22 kindly, answered my earlier Q re volume and I was/am able to get full sound by using the slider bar in settings.

BUT the actual buttons on keyboard do not react to VolOff or lowering or enhancing.
Any ideas?

Best Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    kate222 said:
    Morning everybody
    Jack22 kindly, answered my earlier Q re volume and I was/am able to get full sound by using the slider bar in settings.

BUT the actual buttons on keyboard do not react to VolOff or lowering or enhancing.
    Any ideas?
    try the below steps and check.

> power off the device and unplug the adapter
    > now on the top row the 4th button which is refresh key press and hold it along with the power button for 5 - 10 sec. ( Remember this will erase any unsaved data )

post this turn on the device and check 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • kate222

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    CHOL:):) and DOH!
    I had the keyboard selection ticked..." Treat top row as 'f' key" unticking has solved the volume control.

So have saved having to do a powerwash,phew!!!!
    Thanks for replies.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    kate222 said:
    Morning everybody

Any ideas?

> now on the top row the 4th button which is refresh key press and hold it along with the power button for 5 - 10 sec. ( Remember this will erase any unsaved data )

• kate222

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks Rudy
    Yep re did the format, had to attempt three go's and also although battery was half full, I plugged into charge and re attempted the hard reset and now working.
    Thanks for replying appreciated.
  • kate222

Tinkerer

Options
    Rudy21 said:
    kate222 said:
    Morning everybody

Any ideas?

Doh!! having managed to get the buttons working, and checked as SOLVED.

after switch off earlier and now back on, 
    The volume buttons still do not function Doh!! but can use the slider manually.

Any further thoughts please??
  • Rudy21
    Options
    kate222 said:
    Rudy21 said:
    kate222 said:
    Morning everybody

Any ideas?

Doh!! having managed to get the buttons working, and checked as SOLVED.

after switch off earlier and now back on, 
    The volume buttons still do not function Doh!! but can use the slider manually.

Any further thoughts please??
    Since the buttons worked after hard reset i dont think it is an issue with hardware. it could be issue with firmware, i would suggest you to try power wash and check for updates and check if the issue gets resolved.
  • kate222

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks again Rudy , appreciate your help.
    Will attempt later, and let you know.
  • kate222

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    CHOL:):) and DOH!
    I had the keyboard selection ticked..." Treat top row as 'f' key" unticking has solved the volume control.

So have saved having to do a powerwash,phew!!!!
    Thanks for replies.