Helios 500 - stock ssd not being detected after moving it to slot 1

Oro89
Oro89 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
very briefly, my situation is this: I wanted to install a second ssd (970 evo, NvMe) on my laptop so, after preparing a Windows 10 USB installer, from the BIOS, I switched Sata Mode to "AHCI", turned the laptop off and procedeed on removing the stock ssd from slot 2, plugging in the 970 evo in its place and moving the stock ssd to slot 1. Now, the new SSD was correctly recognized and I did a fresh Windows install on it but I wanted to keep the stock ssd for more storage. Disk manager app can't detect the stock drive. My model number is: PH517-51.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Have you made sure that the drive is connected correctly. Both M.2 ports are NVMe, so you can try swapping the places of the drives to see if that will work.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Is the SSD recognised by the BIOS?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Oro89
    edited December 2018
    Hi, no, I can't see it in the BIOS either. Just checked.
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Have you made sure that the drive is connected correctly. Both M.2 ports are NVMe, so you can try swapping the places of the drives to see if that will work.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Oro89
    Just swapped them and they both seem to work properly. Was definitely worth to try. Thanks.