Switch 7 Black Edition keyboard malfunctioning

PhilipS7BE
PhilipS7BE Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can't believe this, so disappointing. Bought Switch 7 Black Edition, then the keyboard would malfunction randomly, star would pop up when typing etc., just very odd random misreads of what I typed. Then it would all by itself go back to normal. Sent that one back, now this one is doing the same thing. Over 1500 dollar computer.

Comments

• PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

Saw another post like this one, seems I am not the only one with this problem. We need to see to it that Acer fixes this, if it is settings, though doubtful, ( I have heard electric crackle type sounds in both keyboards,) then they need to tell us how to fix that, if hardware, we need new working keyboards.
  • Shafiq90
    Shafiq90 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Wow, seriously? I never used mine, so i dont know whether it has problem or not. I will get back to u if i got problem as well. Can u give the link for the one that u said got this problem as well.
  • PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

• Robgoren
    Robgoren Member Posts: 1 New User
    After a few months of light use and delicate treatment, my Switch 7 keyboard has effectively failed, too. The spacebar doesn't work, multiple letter keys are non responsive, copy/paste commands are a crapshoot. Why would Acer package a high end tablet with a dollar store keyboard? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    The two issues I've seen with mine are periodically it'll get the number lock confused. Toggling the NumLk key twice fixes that easily, but it's always after I've typed a bit. :) The other issue shows up if you flex the keyboard, it'll cause the touchpad to perform random clicks. I haven't seen any issue with other keys than the NumLk stuff, do you have other keys acting up?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.