Make Windows 10 Bootable USB Swift 3

tackleroxy
tackleroxy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Swift 3 Laptop ran into blue screen death this morning. I was told to make a reinstall to solve this issue. The question is how to create a Windows install USB on Windows 7? I have no clue for that.

Answers

• Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I'm confused.

Before I can provide you a solution, are you trying to reinstall Windows 10 or Windows 7 on your Swift 3?

Also, what is the exact model number of your Swift 3?
  • tackleroxy
    tackleroxy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Mateo620 said:
    I'm confused.

Before I can provide you a solution, are you trying to reinstall Windows 10 or Windows 7 on your Swift 3?

I want to reinstall Windows 10 on Swift 3. The only computer I got is Windows 7. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Mateo620
    edited December 2018
    Mateo620 said:
    I'm confused.

I want to reinstall Windows 10 on Swift 3. The only computer I got is Windows 7. Sorry for the confusion.
    OK perfect!

1. Create a Windows 10 64-bit 1809 Installation USB and install Windows from scratch
    3. Let Windows install and update all device drivers, install missing drivers
    4. Install Acer Quick Access and Acer Care Center. Also install Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)
    5. Update BIOS if available
    5. Enjoy your computer
  • Mateo620
    I had to edit my advice a little and I couldn't delete my previous post. Here ya go:

0. Backup your data
    1. Create a Windows 10 64-bit 1809 Installation USB and install Windows from scratch
    3. Let Windows Update install and update missing device drivers, also install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) to get the latest Intel drivers, check the Acer Support site for any remaining missing drivers or apps specific to your model, update the BIOS (optional)
    4. Install Acer Care Center and Acer Quick Access
    5. Install your programs, apps and migrate your data back
    6. Enjoy your computer

Good luck!
  • Baoper
    Baoper Member Posts: 2 New User
    To create a Windows install USB, first,get an.iso files, then use a burner to burn it to an USB drive (An empty USB )
    As i know,the.iso file can be got from Microsoft site.
  • Baoper
    Baoper Member Posts: 2 New User
    Baoper said:
    To create a Windows install USB, first,get an.iso files, then use a burner to burn it to an USB drive (An empty USB )
    As i know,the.iso file can be got from Microsoft site.
    This tutorial explains burning USB in great detail : https://www.tunesbro.com/burn-iso-file-to-usb.html