Bios power settings?( Nitro 5 AN515-52)

hookdk
hookdk Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I had the Power options in the BIOS menu before.. But I don't have it now.
It is important to me to get into the Power options in BIOS to enable PME, since WOL only works if that it enabled.
I tried pressing Fn+TAB 3 times - but this might have led to the more slim version of the BIOS..

I have BIOS 1.22 on Nitro 5 AN515-52

I hope someone can lead me on the right path here, thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    How did v1.22 get in there? Did you just purchase this machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hookdk
    It actually happend before I updated the BIOS to 1.22 - I downloaded 1.22 from Acer's website - entering my SNID and such...
    BUT before when I had 1.19 I saw the Power option and PME option... But I tried to see if there were more to it so I hold down the keys Fn+TAB 3 times.... That's what got the Power options to go away.. Bios works fine in itself both when I was on 1.19 and now too on 1.22
  • JackE
    >>>That's what got the Power options to go away.. >>>

So how did you make them come back? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hookdk
    Sorry, but I feel like speaking Chinese here - I was the one who wanted answer to a question...

I didn't make the power option to come back - that is my question: 

How do I get the advanced options back like the Power options??

How it was there in first place, I think it just was there - unlike my older acer, where I press Fn + TAB 3 times and it shows, and this works...
    When I pressed this key combination on my new Nitro 5 it dissapeared... SO why I ask how to get it back??

Hope there is an advanced kind soul who knows,
    Thanks  ;)
  • JackE
    >>> I think it just was there - unlike my older acer, where I press Fn + TAB 3 times and it shows, and this works...
    When I pressed this key combination on my new Nitro 5 it dissapeared... SO why I ask how to get it back??
    >>>

Are you talking about two completely different laptops? If yes, what was the old ACER model number? The BIOS firmware would be completely different for the old and new laptops! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hookdk
    no, I am speaking solely of my Nitro 5... and all info is already given...
    (but ofc I compare to something where I can see it working: my old acer - but dont let that confuse you)

I, on my Nitro 5, in BIOS, pressed Fn + TAB 3 times... To see: if there were more options than what I saw (thinking at that time about wireless wol too)..
    But instead of showing more... The Power options disappeared - - - hoping an update to the BIOS (from Acer's website) then could get it back, I updated the BIOS on my Nitro 5 to version 1.22

But the question is very simple: How do I get the Power options back in BIOS on the Nitro 5 ???

It is important to me since I need to allow PME for WOL - which I know I can - I had it before when I could access the Power option in BIOS

If anybody knows the answer, please, thank you
  • JackE
    >>> before when I had 1.19 I saw the Power option and PME option... But I tried to see if there were more to it so I hold down the keys Fn+TAB 3 times>>>

OK. Shown below are the BIOS tabs for your machine. Which tab did you see these options? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hookdk
    edited December 2018
    I'd appriciate hearing from sombody (else) who knows the answer..
    I don't want to turn it into a discussion about if this exists or not... Apparently the "answers" given already is from someone who dosen't know..

JackE do you intent to help at all ?? -- Said many times the answers is already given...

Can a BIOS be downgraded to an earlier version? 

But for the record the Power options is placed just after Security and before Boot...
  • JackE
    Sorry. The five BIOS screens & options are from the AN515-52 specs though firmware after publication may be different. The FN+TAB behavior is not described in any ACER documentation I have. You might have better luck getting an answer on some bios mods forum. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hookdk
    edited January 2019
    I am certain fresh and new from the store I had the Power options in the Bios and there too the PME just like in the photo I shared...

If you only allow Wake on Lan - then it only works if the computer is put in sleep mode from Windows 10... Therefore PME is also needed.

And yes I too have the Nitro 5 -AN515-52... 

There are different and serval stores saying that this computer is WOL ready in their description.. So I take that is why it was there in the first place...
  • JackE
    edited January 2019
    The WOL feature is enabled in the Main tab, not advanced as I posted earlier. If you enable it, perhaps something else will pop up in the advanced tab. Nothing else exists in the specs that are available to me. Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/629690/#Comment_629690

Jack E/NJ