Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer display (BE270U) - extreme lag at resolution change or UAC prompt

VojtVopVojtVop Posts: 2Member New User
I have a problem with my new Acer BE270U display. It has an extreme lag at resolution change and UAC prompt. It takes more than 3 s to this monitor to adapt to the new screen settings (screen is off) which I consider very terrible. This is my first Acer monitor so I don't know if somewhere is a bug or it's a feature of this brand? I have experience with Dell, HP and LG monitors, even very old, that adapt immediately. In the video there is my dual monitor setup with BE270U (@ DP 75Hz, but 60 Hz with no difference) and 11 years old HP LP2065 (@ DVI 60 Hz) showing opening and closing the UAC prompt. Running on newest AMD Adrenalin 2019 graphics driver.

Comments

• VojtVopVojtVop Posts: 2Member New User
    I have found that the problem does not occur when connecting via HDMI - Acer is even faster than that of HP. Also, unlike the DP, there is no short shutdown of other monitors when Acer is turned off.
    Unfortunately, I also found another problem. When reading a forum, I found a topic about a frame skiping issue. I tested my monitor (https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping) and found that a clear frame skipping occurs at 75 Hz refresh rate. Refresh rate of 60 Hz works good (both DP and HDMI).

Addition:
    DP cable comes from Acer display package
    Graphics card is Radeon R9 270
    The problem with lag is driver independent - even the BIOS POST report is shown with same long delay
    DP Format in OSD set to DP1.1 and DP1.2 with same behavior