Acer Swift 3 (SF 315-52G) Brightness Control Does Not work

hiranj
hiranj Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Swift 3 (SF 315-52G) Brightness Control stopped working ; even though I have not updated the Intel & Nvidia Drivers. Can anyone help to find the reason or how tpo solve it.

This affects Battery Life a lot...!!!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Try installing the newest nvidia and intel drivers from their driver page, not Acer.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• MMillar
    MMillar Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? 

• Kermit127z
    Kermit127z Member Posts: 2 New User
    I found a fix for it everyone. Just install the may 2019 windows update from the windows website. Just do what the installer programs says to and it fixes itself. It appears to be a windows issue with the display brightness change. but with the may 2019 windows 10 update the problem is solved 
  • Kermit127z
    Kermit127z Member Posts: 2 New User
    hiranj said:
    My Acer Swift 3 (SF 315-52G) Brightness Control stopped working ; even though I have not updated the Intel & Nvidia Drivers. Can anyone help to find the reason or how tpo solve it.

This affects Battery Life a lot...!!!
    I found a fix, just download the new may 2019 update for windows 10 from the windows website. My model is the acer swift 3 sf315-52g-56m7. With the 8250u, mx150, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, and it is truly and amazing laptop. I got it slightly used for amazon (Cant even tell it was used AT ALL) for 553 usd or 736 cad. What an amazing price for this laptop....