Complaint

tnikkel
tnikkel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Bad experience with Acer customer service and Canadian repair centers.
Bought a new Acer computer on September 28, 2018. Computer was broken and would not charge when I brought it home. Acer ran me through some troubleshooting, which did not work and was told by a representative to take computer to the store I purchased it. This information was wrong and because I was working out of town took 3 weeks for me to get the computer back to send to repair center in British Columbia. From time I made the first call to when I received the computer back was about 6 weeks. The laptop was also returned to my house without signature requirements, despite assurances from the representative that it would be. So the computer sat outside, unsecured in the elements for about 5 hours according to the tracking information. The laptop was also not repaired so I called and had the computer shipped to the repair center in Ontario this time. Had Acer send the computer to a friends business when repaired because I did not trust them to ship properly. It was returned to me still not repaired. Another call to Acer had them trying to send it away for repairs again, but after two failed attempts at repairs I asked for a new computer. This request had to be sent to a different representative. I was told they would call the next day, so I made sure I was available to take the call that entire day, but no call was made. I was then called the next 3 days in a row at times when I was busy and could get a hold of the representative before he left his office at 1pm Mountain time. Finally, talked to a representative and was sent a new computer. I could not send the computer to my friends business this time so I asked multiple times and was assured multiple times that the computer would be sent with a signature requirement. It was for a second time not sent that way and sat on my step unsecured and exposed to the elements. This whole process took about 3 months for me to get a properly functioning computer from the time of purchase, with 3 months of inconvenience and productivity lost and only a couple of unconvincing apologies offered in return, really disappointed with this entire process. 

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi tnikkel,

Thanks for the feedback,  we apologize for any inconveniences that this has cause you. I'll work to make sure the contact center and the support team knows about your experience so we can work a better convenient process for our users.

Acer-Manny