Cag
Cag Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
So at 120hz everything is fine
1. no loose connection
2.using display port
3. gpu is 2080ti non overclocked
4.works like a regular monitor

now... when i go to monitor in board controls i choose overcclock to 144hz  the screen stays on a black screen.

now there has been couple of times. 144z was enable...i thought it was good, but sooner or later during a game, the monitor would blackout, and i can still hear everything, but everything is black, In one of my guys it says rendered has failed..

i had to restart my pc to find out it went BACK to 89HZ!

then restarted everything to factory setting and now i am back to 120hz, I just keeep getting black screen of death, afrer changing it to overclock 144hz

gpu has been updated, and the display port drivers 1.3/1.4 dont support to 2080ti.

Comments

• Cag
    Cag Member Posts: 2 New User
    So at 120hz everything is fine
    1. no loose connection
    2.using display port
    3. gpu is 2080ti non overclocked
    4.works like a regular monitor

now... when i go to monitor in board controls i choose overcclock to 144hz  the screen stays on a black screen.

now there has been couple of times. 144z was enable...i thought it was good, but sooner or later during a game, the monitor would blackout, and i can still hear everything, but everything is black, In one of my guys it says rendered has failed..

i had to restart my pc to find out it went BACK to 89HZ!

then restarted everything to factory setting and now i am back to 120hz, I just keeep getting black screen of death, afrer changing it to overclock 144hz...i tried normal and extreme over drive, nothing is working..

gpu has been updated, and the display port drivers 1.3/1.4 dont support to 2080ti.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    What DP cable are you using? Some aren't up to snuff for 144Hz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dan_R_B
    Dan_R_B Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    I'm having issues with setting the on board setting to overclock on the x27.
    It always seems to enable fine initially.  However when I run World of Warcraft, I get intermittent black screens and lose audio for a few seconds (up to 10 seconds).  It happens soon after I start the game, when I change the volume, or when I alt-tab back to the desktop.  I think it might be playable but it shouldn't behave this way.  It doesn't matter what frequency I choose on NVIDIA control panel (e.g. I like 98Hz), I get black outs as long as the overclock is set to on.  I don't get black screens like this when overclock is set to off.  I am using the displayport cable that came with the x27, which says it's rated for 8K.   I am running an MSI GTX 1080 Ti Seahawk (I have 2 in SLI).  I have upgraded the NVIDIA firmware to support HDR displayport 1.3 and 1.4.  Do they sell a better cable than the one that comes with the monitor?  Would that fix my problem?
    Regards,
    Dan