Acer Nitro 5 Display adapters

Squivix
Squivix Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i recently purchased the Acer Nitro 5 (the core i5-8300H, GeForce GTX 1050 and 8GB RAM variant) and am struggling with switching the display adapters in the BIOS i cant find it anywhere so i am stuck using the IGPU instead of the DGPU making most games unplayable i looked all over the BIOS and cant find the setting to switch it not sure what to do at this point if anyone can help it would be very appreciated i can't find anything online about a way to fix this

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    What games are you playing? The discrete graphics should automatically take over when the games or other apps call for it. Check Device Manager for any red or yellow driver issues. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wabbitz
    Wabbitz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Squivix said:
    i recently purchased the Acer Nitro 5 (the core i5-8300H, GeForce GTX 1050 and 8GB RAM variant) and am struggling with switching the display adapters in the BIOS i cant find it anywhere so i am stuck using the IGPU instead of the DGPU making most games unplayable i looked all over the BIOS and cant find the setting to switch it not sure what to do at this point if anyone can help it would be very appreciated i can't find anything online about a way to fix this
    I am having the same issue I believe.. says I only have Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.. did you solve the issue?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Wabbitz said:
    Squivix said:
    I am having the same issue I believe.. says I only have Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.. did you solve the issue?

This is a very old post. Please start a new Topic for your question and give your exact model number, for example AN515-**

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★