Why does half my screen show vertical red lines when over 60hz refresh rate?

dune
dune Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone.

[u]The Issue[/u]: I have all new hardware (with the exception of my HDD). Everything is working great with the exception of my display. When my GPU, window's settings and monitor are set to a 60hz refresh rate, there are tiny, flickering pixels that appear and disappear on the left side of the screen. They are very tiny and random (not dead pixels); usually I can ignore them. When the settings are set to exceed 60hz (85hz, 100hz, 120hz & 144hz), the green pixels increase slightly, and the left side of the monitor screen creates red/pink lines that run vertical (from top to bottom) on white surfaces. All these issues only occur on the left side of the screen. 

Side note: sometimes (25% of the time), these issues are not present. They are however there the other 75% of the time, seemingly at the computer's own will.

[u]Hardware[/u]:
Monitor - ASUS Predator (Abmiprz) - PN: XB271HU A
GPU - NVIDIA/Zotac RTX 2080 - PN: ZT-T20800D-10P
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850w - PN: 220-t2-0850-x1
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700 - PN: YD2700BBAFBOX
MB - MSI X470 Gaming PRO Carbon - PN: X470GPCARBON
RAM - G.Skill TridentZ, 16GB - PN: 3200c16D-16GTZRX
OS - WIndows 10 - 64 bit OS, x64 based processor

Idle Temps: CPU = 26C, SYS = 31C, MOS = 43C, PCH = 32C
Watercooled CPU with positive air pressure inside chassis. Air feels cool from exhaust fans.

[u]Corrections Attempted So Far[/u]:

1) Switch GPUs: I switched the current GPU with an older NVIDIA GTX 480. The flickering green pixels are present on both. I never tried to exceed 60hz with the old GPU, so I am unsure if the red vertical lines was an issue.

2) Switch Cables: The two issues persist with both a brand-new DP cable, and an HDMI cable. I have ensured they were tightly secured, and I have turned off/unplugged all connections for 5 minutes before reinstalling/rebooting.

3) Update Drivers: I have downloaded all recent drivers from windows 10 (which sucks), MSI and NVIDIA. ASUS does not have drivers for this monitor for Windows 10.

[u]Current Thoughts[/u]: All hardware is a week old and has been running for three days. I fear there is something wrong with the monitor, which would be very disheartening. I am hoping that someone with more experience/tech savvy can find an alternate source of this issue (if possible). I also noticed that the system/processor are set to 64 bit, but my NVIDIA Control Panel (under "change resolution") only allows my "Desktop color depth" to be 32bit). Related or irrelevant? Thanks for any and all aid provided!