AA3-600 all-in-one android disable secure boot uefi

Abel408
Abel408 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
Would anyone know if it is possible to disable secure boot ont he aa3-600 all-in-one? Android is severely out of date and Acer does not seem to release updates for the device anymore, making it pretty useless at the moment. I would like to install another OS on this, but can't seem to get to any sort of boot menu of uefi options.

Thanks

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Abel408 said:
    Would anyone know if it is possible to disable secure boot ont he aa3-600 all-in-one? Android is severely out of date and Acer does not seem to release updates for the device anymore, making it pretty useless at the moment. I would like to install another OS on this, but can't seem to get to any sort of boot menu of uefi options.

Thanks
    Since this device comes with Android options like UEFI or LEGACY would not show up. here is something that you can try to load Linux or Windows or Chrome OS.

Option 1:
    > You can create windows ISO file in SD card.
    > Connect the SD card and boot the device by holding Volume up and Power button ( this would bring you to boot settings thing )
    > Here use the up or down arrow key to highlight boot from SD card or load from SD card
    > Post this check if the device recog the files in SD card and if so you can install Operating system.

Option 2:
    > You have windows or linux loader apps available in android play store. With help of these apps the unit would run just like regular windows or linux devices 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer