APPLES123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2018 in Legacy Windows
how do I update my windows 8.1 to windows 10

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @APPLES123,

Upgrade Windows 8.1 to 10 with Upgrade Button

If you want Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10, then follow few steps below.

Step 1: In first step you need to press the "Key+X" button or you can also right click the start button.

Step 2: You need to choose control panel from power user menu.

control panel

Step 3: After choosing control panel just scroll down to the end and choose Windows update.

Windows update

Step 4: There you will be able to find that upgrade to Windows 10 and will find a "Get Started" button.

started

Step 5: After selecting "Get Started" you will need to agree and must accept their agreement.

accept

Step 6: In last step you just accept that agreement. After acceptance, system will take you towards schedule, there you need to choose time when you want to upgrade Windows.

Step 7: After choosing time, process will start according to your choosing time. And when process start, then your pc will restart many times you just need to be patience.

Process will be long but with patience you guys can enjoy amazing and advance features of Windows 10. These few and simple steps can easily upgrade to Windows 10.

So this solution can help you easily upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10. But if you are looking for software that can provide services all in one, then continue to read below because I am going to mention software that is widely used by everyone and well known by its amazing services.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• TwelveTone
    TwelveTone Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Lots of sites will explain how to do this, but it may not be as easy as you think.  I tried pretty much everything but could not make it happen.  Your system should be squeaky-clean.  To avoid any surprises, I would suggest a few things to prepare:

• Make sure your system is completely up-to-date in Windows Update.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus or firewall software
    • In msconfig/services, hide Microsoft services and then disable all
    • Disable all Startup apps in Task Manager and in your Startup menu 
    • Make sure your disk is clean and healthy (www.hdtune.com)
    • Do a System File Check with "sfc /scannow"
    • Check for other corruption with "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth"

If all these things are done and good you might have a chance at an in-place upgrade.  Or, t might still fail for other reasons.   If so then then a clean install may be your only option, which is probably better in the long run anyway.