I have had this great Acer x223w monitor for over 9 years now, and it's worked like a gem until a few months ago. History/context below:
- It is a second monitor in my setup, and has worked fine in that capacity until a couple months ago.
- First issues were that the power light would blink amber, then go blue and pop the Acer logo on the black screen, then go back to blinking amber. This would continue with a connection sound from my computer, until the monitor eventually pulled up my screen.
- The previous issue was getting worse over time, and I would have to wait longer.
- Power button stopped working or would take continuous presses to turn on/off.
- I discovered that if I unplugged the DVI cable from my CPU and reconnected it when the monitor said "no signal detected," that it would work again. Yay!
- I continued the previous trick for the previous few months and I was content with this arrangement.
- As an FYI, I tried other DVI cables and the same issue occurred.
- Fast forward to today, and my current symptoms are a blinking amber light, black screen, no Acer logo or hiccuping as previously experienced.
- Removing DVI cable no longer works. When I unplug power and press power button for ten seconds, re-plug in, nothing changes.
- Computer display settings detect monitor and my mouse cursor will move onto the space where the display SHOULD be, but the screen is still black and the amber light still flashes.
- No matter how hard or how many times I press the power button, I can't turn off the monitor.
So, here is where I am. I know all signs point to "it's dying, buy a new monitor" based on age and gradually deteriorating symptoms, but if there's a way I can squeeze more life out of this monitor or fix the original issue entirely, I'd love to hear it. Thanks for your help!