Stuck / Flaky Cursor on Brand New Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51

Boeing7479M
Boeing7479M Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited December 2018 in Predator Laptops
I've had the PH315-51 for about a month now and from the start, I notice that the cursor would sometimes exhibit "flaky" movement, i.e. stuck-ish / laggy, whenever I launch any random program. I cannot replicate it every time with the same programme, it seems to happen randomly with any program. Sometimes it's when launching Firefox, sometimes File Explorer, sometimes even the Predator Sense. Sometimes it even happens as the browser loads a webpage. I noticed that the same thing happens even with a USB mouse.

I've updated the BIOS and touchpad driver to the latest version available, and the problem still hasn't gone away.

Please help as it is very annoying - the more so knowing the system is actually a powerful one and shouldn't be experiencing this. I also hasten to add that when this happens if any audio or video is playing, they are NOT affected.

If it helps, I replaced the 1TB HDD with a Sandisk SSD and the RAM with an 8GB HyperX 2666MHz module.

TIA.

Answers

• Lando
    Lando Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same here. Just bought it 2 days ago..

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    If you could just get a picture of it, it would be really helpful. Try to click a pic of it and share here.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Boeing7479M
    Boeing7479M Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Just an update, long it may since has been. A known problem with nVIDIA optimus that was finally resolved with a Windows update.