Acer desktop pre-loaded with linux, not windows

garyshee
garyshee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I want to buy a desktop pc with linux installed; And I love acer desktop; but I can't find any info about this from acer site.

I have an acer desktop pc of 8 yrs old; its still perfect running; so I'm impressed with the quality of the acer desktop; that's why I want my future linux host to run on an acer machine:)

It needs some work to install linux from scratch; that's why pre-loading with linux would be a big plus.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Look at the Veriton models, I believe some come with a Linux preload. You can also look for models on acerrecertified.com, they may have prior models that are no longer available on the main site.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlpineTom
    AlpineTom Member Posts: 58 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018

garyshee said:
    It needs some work to install linux from scratch; that's why pre-loading with linux would be a big plus.
    Installing Linux is as easy if not easier than installing Windows nowadays. All of the mainstream distros like Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, MX Linux, elementary, Zorin, and even Debian provide installers that are very easy to use. It's not just a simple process but also a rewarding experience.

Also, most computers that come with Linux pre-installed use one of the above distros exactly because they're easy to install.