Nitro AN515-52 - Camera won't load in GeForce Experience for neither recording nor streaming.

GamerDad
GamerDad Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Ok, before you ship me over to the Nvidia-forums, as far as I can reckon - this problem has been prevalent for at least 2-3 years on different PC's, especially laptops. I've sent 3-4 feedbacks through GeForce Experience, but only within the last week - so they might need some time to implement a solution in an update later on.

So I'm asking here just in case someone has had a similar/identical problem, and knows about a quick fix.

Problem:
Camera just won't load using the HUD for GeForce Experience. I know my camera works, and will start, as I've tried other apps where it does what it's supposed to. I've tried recording, just in case it's just the HUD that isn't showing my camera - but no, my aging face who none probably are interested in seeing anyways, won't show.

Recently bought this new laptop, and went from an ASUS FX553VD with an Nvidia GTX1050, to my new ACER Nitro 5 with a 1060. On my old laptop, everything works nicely.

I've tried the following:
1. Uninstalling drivers/Geforce Experience - reinstalling, with clean install. Also before that, without clean install.
2. Removing "CEF cache"-folder, before doing "number 1".
3. Doing "number 1", but selecting 2-3 different older driver versions.
4. The obvious "turn HUD off and on again", also - turning camera capture off and on again.

Thought I'd ask the Acer-people directly, but there's no contact form, and really don't wanna do this over the phone as I live in Norway. 

- Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope... 

Best Answer

• GamerDad

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    UPDATE: Still not working. 

The list of things attempted so far is now extended:
    1. The simple solution with just turning camera off and on again in HUD-settings, and general settings. Several times, in different variations.
    2. Uninstalling GeForce Experience, and re-installing it.
    3. Removing CEF-cache folder, before uninstalling, and then re-installing.
    4. Re-installing, with checkbox for clean install crossed out.
    5. Re-installing, with older drivers i know has worked on my other two laptops, again with checkbox for clean install. And also without.
    6. Removing (uninstalling) camera from device manager, then allow for re-installment.
    7. Reporting the problem through the feedback service in GeForce Experience, which also sends in system-logs. Three times I think, just to "nag" a bit.
    8. Doing the DDU-stuff, with full removal. Then reinstall.

Did 1-7 after different searches. Contacted support at my retailer, who went straight to "number 2" up in my list, where I sent them the entire list - then they suggested 8. Tried 8. Still no Webcam in GeForce Experience. 

Answers

• GamerDad

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    UPDATE: Still not working. 

The list of things attempted so far is now extended:
    1. The simple solution with just turning camera off and on again in HUD-settings, and general settings. Several times, in different variations.
    2. Uninstalling GeForce Experience, and re-installing it.
    3. Removing CEF-cache folder, before uninstalling, and then re-installing.
    4. Re-installing, with checkbox for clean install crossed out.
    5. Re-installing, with older drivers i know has worked on my other two laptops, again with checkbox for clean install. And also without.
    6. Removing (uninstalling) camera from device manager, then allow for re-installment.
    7. Reporting the problem through the feedback service in GeForce Experience, which also sends in system-logs. Three times I think, just to "nag" a bit.
    8. Doing the DDU-stuff, with full removal. Then reinstall.

Did 1-7 after different searches. Contacted support at my retailer, who went straight to "number 2" up in my list, where I sent them the entire list - then they suggested 8. Tried 8. Still no Webcam in GeForce Experience.