Predator Helios 300 wont use GTX 1060

Options
SoonersWin04
SoonersWin04 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have used this laptop for a year without issue.  Suddenly I cant get it to use the 1060 GPU.  The task manager shows neither integrated or the 1060 as being used, and the Predator Sense shows the GPU as being maxed out at 100% whenever I play any modern game.  I have gone to the NVIDIA control panel and set the 3D Global setting to "High Performance NVIDIA processor", and I also have tried "auto-select", but neither have helped. I turned off all windows gaming junk, and I uninstalled CCleaner, as suggested on this forum.  I am getting 10 fps when I used to get 60-80.  The RAM isnt being bogged down, nor is the CPU, with zero other apps running.  Any advise would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Im on the newest driver, but it didnt work with the previous driver either.  I have installed 2 driver updates while having this problem.
    Latest NVIDIA driver is bugged. Uninstall it completely, and install an older version.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers