Spin 13 - battery issues?

Lennier
Lennier Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, just bought a Spin 13 from Amazon.  Powered it up and noticed it would keep turning itself off when I was moving the unit around, or when i was using it on my lap, or any moving surface.  Not issues whatsoever when i'm using the unit on a table or hardtop.  When the unit powers off, it would also not sometimes turn back on - the power indicator flashes light purple when i press the power button.  It takes several presses, and shifting the unit around before the cbook would power back up.  Tried powerflashing, battery_test etc. Should i send this back to Amazon or can a local service center (Hong Kong) fix this?  Not hopeful :(

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Yeah, doesn't sound like it's not hardware... :( Is the case flexing and causing the issue do you think? While you're under warranty there should be no issue with using Acer to repair under warranty. The only reason we typically suggest sending it back to the vendor for child failures like this is it's usually faster than sending it in for repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lennier
    Lennier Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've shipped it back to Amazon for a replacement...
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Perfect, here's hoping the replacement will work out OK. (Most do!)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.