Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Swift 3 SF314-52 Display Adapter Not Working and Can't Change Brightness (Code 43)

Hey guys,
So my Intel UHD 620 adapter hasn't been working for the last month or so. I've had the laptop for about 3 months and the brightness was working fine until one day it just stopped working (not sure if it was an update). This has resulted in the brightness being at full capacity and also the Sleep option has disappeared from my laptop which inevitably has also greatly affected the battery life. I have tried uninstalling the driver from Device Manager and scanning for new hardware but it takes me back to the same problem (also using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter brings back the brightness slider but the brightness doesn't actually change). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• arvinramrooparvinramroop Posts: 2Member New User
    edited December 2018 Accepted Answer
    The problem has since been fixed.
  • matiknezmatiknez Posts: 1Member New User
    What was the problem, how can i solve this?
  • Mateo620Mateo620 Posts: 87Member Fixer
    edited December 2018
    matiknez said:
    What was the problem, how can i solve this?
    That particular problem is usually caused by missing, corrupted, or incorrect graphics drivers.

The solution is to install compatible graphics drivers from Acer, Intel, AMD or Nvidia.
  • jago4itjago4it Posts: 1Member New User
    how to fix 

Acer Swift 3 SF314-52 Display Adapter Not Working and Can't Change Brightness (Code 43)

• romeom1romeom1 Posts: 1Member New User
    how did you end up solving the issue , I have the same problem with my swift 314-52 it doesn't let me change the brightness after the new windows update. please help ? I just got the laptop 3 days ago 
  • cadmiumcadmium Posts: 3Member New User
    How did you fixed it??? Any suggestions? Thank youuuu