A315-41 Aspire 3 laptop Brand New Today Wifi is SLOW

Options
ThatDarnGuy
ThatDarnGuy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Acer and made two attempts to contact them through the Live Chat both failed.  I have a brand new Acer a315-41 ryzen 7 8gb that has super slow wifi (1mbs) if I connect with Ethernet I get normal speeds (25mbs). I know it is the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 I have uninstalled and allowed the system to reinstall then restarted the computer. I have restarted my router and yes all other devices do fine and as state ... if you connect with the Ethernet it works just fine.  Windows did all its updates ... I am at a loss here and about to return the laptop.

Answers

• Tanmaya
    Tanmaya Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also have this model laptop,A315-41,Ryzen 5 ,8GB ,running win 10 1803 .I have not issues with the wifi radio.Yes it was bit slow in discovering and connecting to new network.
  • YosSOv
    YosSOv Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi.....i am facing this problem also....i've tried to update the driver to the latest version, but that methode not always can solve the problem. So i tried to replace my ONT router with the new one. After replace it, the problem solved. So the problem come from my ont router.
    For your additional information my qualcomm atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network adapter is using 12.0.0.817 driver version from Windows 10.

So, after you update your driver, maybe you can check your ont router also.

Thanks.

• Sakiko
    Sakiko Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    what if you change the wifi channel?