Aspire R14 R5-471T-58FW - Laptop reboots instantly after boot messages

dafreaka
dafreaka Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Aspire R14 R5-471T-58FW - Laptop reboots instantly after boot messages: "preparing automatic repair" followed by "please wait while we install updates" message. Unable to escape this endless loop and quite unsure what to do? Laptop was functionning no problem and never turned back on after a complete normal shut down? Would a Windows update do this and how do I troubleshoot/fix this issue? Everything happens quickly....

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    Remove the charger. On the bottom or screenback look for a battery reset pinhole with a battery icon. Gently press a paper clip into the pinhole for about 30 seconds. Let the laptop rest for 15 mins before restarting. If you can find the pinhole, then shut the machine off. Then press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Wait a few minutes, then turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dafreaka
    dafreaka Member Posts: 2 New User
    Unfortunately, that does not solve my problem. I am able to power it off/reset the laptop without issues. I might have badly explain the issue. At boot, both messages above ""preparing automatic repair" followed by "please wait while we install updates" appear and then the laptop reboots instantly. It's almost like Windows doesn't want to boot but I don't know how to fix this....should a bootable windows usb key fix this? How do I get to the BIOS from those messages...!?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    So perhaps I'm the one that might've badly explained. I just wanted to make sure that no volatile memory lingers on the system after the machine seems to be shut off. A truly cold next boot. Hence the reason pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds and battery reset pinhold after the machine ***seems*** to be off.

Another method to insure this as a fully cold boot is, to open Control Panel. Search "button". Click on 'change what the power buttons do' in the left panel.  Click change settings that aren't available. Scroll down the list and uncheck turn on fast startup to disable fast boot.

If a slightly slower cold boot doesn't stop this loop, then we'll go from there.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ