Does W4-820 support Microsoft Pen Protocol for Digital Pens?

shockwaveriderz
shockwaveriderz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
The Title says it all. I have a Acer W4-820-2466 8" Windows 10 1809(latest Updates applied)  and was thinking about getting whats called a digital Pen to work with Windows Ink. I contacted both the manufacturer of the INK pen and Acer's online Chat help and they both said to contact the manufacturer and/or post a question here. This is an example of what I am looking at:  https://www.amazon.com/Adonit-Ink-Precision-Microsoft-Touchscreen/dp/B075K5541X.  I might add that a simple pressure sensitive stylus works fine as does my finger. I beleive also that this tablet has what's called a capacitive touch screen but I am not able to verify this.  Any help with these questions will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Answers

• shockwaveriderz
    shockwaveriderz Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just went to Settings > System > About and it says " Pen and Touch : Touch Support with 5 touch points"  NOTICE that it does not say "Pen AND Touch Support" so I went to Calibrate your pen and touch displays and it has a touch calibrate for my finger but not anything for a pen. so it appears this tablet is not Microsoft Pen Protocol compatable.