How to turn off airplane mode on Acer Aspire V5-123?

Dayson_G
Dayson_G Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire V5-123 Laptop (running windows 10), and its permanently stuck in airplane mode, I’ve tried turning it off but it just flips right back on, and pressing neither the fn/f3 nor the fn/print keys work. Anyone know how to get my wifi back? 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Dayson_G said:
    I have an Acer Aspire V5-123 Laptop (running windows 10), and its permanently stuck in airplane mode, I’ve tried turning it off but it just flips right back on, and pressing neither the fn/f3 nor the fn/print keys work. Anyone know how to get my wifi back? 
    This could happen if the Wi-Fi card is disabled or not working properly. 

> firstly check the if there are Wi-Fi drivers in device manager. If yes, then uninstall it and restart the unit to take the effect.
    If no, Then open acer care center, Click on restore, Click on restore or backup Wi-Fi drivers and install the drivers. 

> If the issue still persist then turn off the device, While powering on the device press " F2" to access BIOS. Now press F9 and set your BIOS to defaults and press F10 to save the settings. Post this check if you can enable Wi-Fi.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer