I figure out the solution of overheat CPU while gaming aspire 7 A717-72G-700J 17.3

Options
ShakedMoshe
ShakedMoshe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey,
i bought new acer aspire 7 A717-72G-700J 17.3'' geforce gtx 1060 with 6gb gddr5, cpu - i7-8750 2.2 to 4.1 ghz, about 4 weeks ago.
Every time i played destiny 2 my CPU reach to 85-90 C. and it freak me out, it could be.. its new laptop.
after searching for the solution and nothing helped me (tried software to control the fan speen, reduce the power of the CPU manual and with a programs) i found an option at windows settings of battery life about the CPU performance control and reduce it to 80%, and yap, it help.. but it make the game stuck a little.. after a little searching, the conclusion is that the CPU get his maximum performance  even if you set it on 94% (i set it to 99% and its perfect)

My though that when the settings of maximum processor state (probably while hard game on ultra settings run)  is go to 100% it flow maximum voltage to the CPU and that what make it heat and get to high temperature and when you reduce it under then 100% it calculate the actual power the CPU need. 

BTW -> after that 1% change the game run perfectly on highest settings (Destiny 2\ tough game) and the CPU get to 62C instead of 85-90 

So here is how you do it:
1. Right click on the battery symbol at the right bottom corner 
2. Power Options
3. Change plan settings (stay on recommended option, you do not need the high performance because if u were the balance option will do it automatically )
4. Change advanced power settings.
5. Scroll down to 'Processor power managment'
6. go to 'Maximum processor state 
7. change the value to 99%
8. apply -> ok

9. chack it out with your games on highest\ultra settings
10. thank me later :joy:

I hope it will work for you too.

Answers

• Lemonade
    Lemonade Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    i tried this it downclock my cpu permanently to my baseclock which is 1.6 ghz. some games starts to stutter because its limiting my cpu :(
  • SpecOpsShooter
    SpecOpsShooter Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Well It worked but only because it turned my clock speeds down.....to 2.1. 
  • Own_Master_Mad
    Own_Master_Mad Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks a lot helps with my current heating problems.
  • Spymicer
    Spymicer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I don't even pkay games, my laptop over heates even when it's left still whole plugged in on power