Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

No Sleep Option and Brightness Option in the New Acer TravelMate

omerbutt123omerbutt123 Posts: 13Member New User

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a new "Acer TravelMate P2510" and I have a problem with my Power settings. I want to make my computer goes sleep when I close the lid or click the power button. But in the "Change What The Power Button Does," or "close the lid" settings, there is no longer a sleep option. All I see is:

"Do Nothing"
"Hibernate"
"Shutdown"

No sleep options. Recently I installed window 10 on it. 

In Device manager, this is what i see on the display adapters.

And when i update the driver (Intel UHD Graphics 620) so i get this in the end 

I think, that is the main reason i can't see any option of "low brightness & High Brightness" on my system. even the keyboard brightness keys with function keys not working at all.

Any Suggestions ??

Thanks,
Omer

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,666 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    No problem, now go to Acer support site, enter your actual model name(my link shows the driver page for P2510-M) and download the VGA Intel driver, save it to the Desktop, then go to Device manager, right click Basic Display adapter and select Update driver, then select "Browse my computer …." browse to Desktop where you saved the downloaded driver and install.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7423?b=1

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Right click HD620, select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall it, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • omerbutt123omerbutt123 Posts: 13Member New User
    Hi @brummyfan2

Thanks for the prompt reply, 

I did as you said and i get this now

I am not sure it is good or bad but my brightness function keys work, but brightness still don't change to low to high or high to low. Only the keys works but not the functionality. 

Also, My sleep issue still the same, not sleep option on the lid and power button settings. 

Thanks again Mate :)

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,666ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    No problem, now go to Acer support site, enter your actual model name(my link shows the driver page for P2510-M) and download the VGA Intel driver, save it to the Desktop, then go to Device manager, right click Basic Display adapter and select Update driver, then select "Browse my computer …." browse to Desktop where you saved the downloaded driver and install.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7423?b=1

• omerbutt123omerbutt123 Posts: 13Member New User
     @brummyfan2 Thanks man. Its works.  B) B)
  • You are welcome :)