Acer Customer Support still unreachable

ACustomer1234
ACustomer1234 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
It seems my other post was moderated/locked for an unknown reason.

Now scroll down to the bottom
Canada): Click to Chat

The Click to Chat takes you to a broken/hijacked/illegitimate webpage (due to SSL hijack/security error). 

Could we please get this officially fixed so Acer can offer support to it's users? 

Comments

• ACustomer1234
    edited December 2018
    Acer's live chat points to here:   https://acer.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

However, the SSL certificate it uses is for *.ANSWERS.ACER.COM   and  not for  acer.custhelp.com

This means there is a potential compromise of Acer's website, or a grievous oversight by their technical team. 

Either way, Acer should fix this ASAP so their Live Chat is available once again!

[Edited by Acer-Harvey]
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi ACustomer1234,

https://acer.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/ is and old url, the correct domain should be https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Can you please advise where did you found that old domain?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited December 2018
    ACustomer1234 
    Have you tried the opening the weblink with another browser?
    I just now tried and it is working fine with Internet explorer and Google Chrome.
    Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi ACustomer1234,

Can you please inform us where did you get that old domain? the correct domain is https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch and i have done testing and was able to get an support tech agent with no issues, we are actually getting contacts as i post this message.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • ACustomer1234
    Hi ACustomer1234,

Can you please inform us where did you get that old domain? the correct domain is https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch and i have done testing and was able to get an support tech agent with no issues, we are actually getting contacts as i post this message.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

The first line of my forum post:

This link points directly to the webpage that has the security issue in question.  Your link is NOT the one that Acer is pointing customers to for support.  Again, I am not making up links here.  This is literally the link from your website!!!

Here is some MSPaint to help explain:

#1  This is Acer's website for customer support.  It points to a URL that has a security issue. 

#2  Here is the URL trying to be loaded in a clean environment.  Notice the URL is the SAME as listed on Acer's website.

#3  Here is a SSL certificate examination, indicating Acer has either been A)  Hijacked and this is a severe issue, or b)  Is incompetent in it's website deployment. 

For Saranji:
    Sharanji said:
    ACustomer1234 
    Have you tried the opening the weblink with another browser?
    I just now tried and it is working fine with Internet explorer and Google Chrome.
    Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

That link you posted is the security issue in question.  It takes you to a page with a significant security issue. Your link confirms that this is a wide-spread issue.  Because of this significant issue, Acer is not able to correct provide customer support to it's users.  See screenshots above.

This needs to be fixed by Acer ASAP. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Thank you for the information, i will have this escalated to get it corrected, in the mean time if you're having issues contacting support via chat, please call us toll free at 1-866-695-2237.

Acer-Manny
  • xXMadmattXx
    xXMadmattXx Member Posts: 5 New User
    My pc was compromise badly by factory acer apps. Had a hacker slipping in through acer care center, acer recovery and 3 different host slide in through acer portal when i contacted acer they blamed it on windows. Windows claimed i gave permission. Took pc to an expert and he said that this kinda access had to be planned 3 framework upgrades 3.5, 4.2, and 4.7 all gave more access than before. My wpa2 security didnt need a password remotely. And all my acer drive had multible certificates, allowing remoters to just swap the hardware cert under device propertys then they can use that device without it ever being logged. No its all a mistake.

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi xXMadmattXx,

I am very sorry to hear this.

Can you please provide us with more detailed information?
    What behavior your computer had that you suspected a hacker got in to it and why you determine that this was cause by Acer Factory Apps?
    What company or PC expert is this, do you have any more details that you can provide me via PM?
    When you called the Acer support services they provide you with a case ID number, can you send me that ID via PM please?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny