100 disk usage for a couple of seconds

Options
orelskee
orelskee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Good Day to All. I just bought an Predator Helios 300 with model no. ph315-51-766A running windows 10. I upgraded it from 8gb to 16gb RAM. I just noticed that on start up or opening any programs. chrome.. photoshop.. illusrator... autocad.. and  inventor, the disk usage spike to 100% for a few seconds then came back to 1 to 5% when I am using it. I would just like to know if this is just normal. Thank you very much to anyone who can notice my query.

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    orelskee said:
    Good Day to All. I just bought an Predator Helios 300 with model no. ph315-51-766A running windows 10. I upgraded it from 8gb to 16gb RAM. I just noticed that on start up or opening any programs. chrome.. photoshop.. illusrator... autocad.. and  inventor, the disk usage spike to 100% for a few seconds then came back to 1 to 5% when I am using it. I would just like to know if this is just normal. Thank you very much to anyone who can notice my query.
    Disk usage basically adjusts itself to allow the users to use the device effectively. So, if the Disk usage drops back to normal then its ok.

However, you can prevent this by disabling unwanted programs during the startup. Disable it from taskmanager.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    orelskee said:
    Disk usage basically adjusts itself to allow the users to use the device effectively. So, if the Disk usage drops back to normal then its ok.

However, you can prevent this by disabling unwanted programs during the startup. Disable it from taskmanager.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer