Video Flashes/blocks Badly on V3-575 with Touchscreen

dwains
dwains Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
We have a roughly 30 month old Asprie V3-575 Touchscreen that abruptly started to have severe video problems last month.  The screen flickers (if that is the right word), sends purple and green blocks to the screen, goes blank, and back to normal in rapid succession.  Video is always stable for the first 30-45 when turned on, which makes me think this is heat related.  When plugged into an external monitor, all is fine with it.  I have checked the ribbon cable on both ends and it is tight and there is no apparent damage to the cable.  Is this the screen itself?  Or is there another explanation.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    The screen is probably fine. The video ribbon cable may look fine, but it's likely not. There are likely one or more conductor trace breaks in the tortuous hinge area from opening and closing the lid too much in the last 30 months. Google v3-575 video cable. Less than $20 with free shipping. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dwains
    JackE:

Thanks for the reply.  I hope you are correct.  My other issue is that I cannot seem to find a cable anyplace.  I can find the cables for the non-touch variety, but the touch types are listed as out of stock everywhere.   Does Acer sell parts directly?

• JackE
    This is the ACER part# you're looking for 50.G1VN7.001. Google it and see what vendors pop up that work for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dwains
    Jack:
    Thanks for the part number.  This helps.  However, Dr. Google and I are unable to locate a cable in North America.  A couple of vendors in Europe claim to have it, but the prices are very high.  There is a site in Canada that says they should have them in 10 days, but they do not ship to the US.  I am not sure what to try next.

Dwain
  • JackE
    Sorry. Then I suggest trying to email & phone a seller from the Walmart pages to see if you get a response. His part# was DDZRRALC000. Doesn't seem to have online sales.
    sales@computerwarehousepa.com
    855-670-3777

https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Acer-Aspire-V3-574-V3-575-Laptop-Led-Lcd-Cable-DDZRRALC000-Touchscreen-Version/161445574

Jack E/NJ