Acer Aspire VX15 not running well.

Lukeylarr
Lukeylarr Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought my Acer Aspire VX 15 a few months ago and it has been perfectly fine until yesterday, when It suddenly started performing worse. I noticed it whilst playing Rocket League, as it wasn't running at all smooth, as if my charger wasn't plugged in -- except it was. Ever since the laptop hasn't run any game very well at all, even when lowering the settings (until a point obviously). I reset the laptop, I re installed NVIDIA Graphics Drivers, updated everything, disk cleaned, and still nothing. Can anyone help me out?

Best Answer

• Lukeylarr
    Answer ✓
    Update! I managed to re install the previous version of my NVIDIA Driver, and it fixed it! Apparently the most recent version of the driver (417.22) is a bit buggy and reduces performance on most games by quite a lot. Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Etheral
    Etheral Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hiya, Lukeylarr! 
    It sounds like you may want to double check your power plan settings. 
    Click the start button and search "choose a power plan" and select the top result. 
    Make sure you're on "High Performance." 

From there you're going to want to see if anything is using your system's resources via the Resource Monitor or just the Task Manager. 

Let us know if that helps. :D
  • Lukeylarr
    Hey Etheral. 
    I have put my power plan on High Performance already, but I did it again just to make sure, and it's still the same. 
    As for system resources, there is nothing using them up. Very strange. 
  • Lukeylarr
    Answer ✓
    Update! I managed to re install the previous version of my NVIDIA Driver, and it fixed it! Apparently the most recent version of the driver (417.22) is a bit buggy and reduces performance on most games by quite a lot. Thanks for your help!