problems with a SSD m2

Options
Zuzzu
Zuzzu Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello people,  i don`t know if i did a stupid mistake but recently i have purchased a SSD M2 from samsung 970 evo i have installed it and does not show up when i turn on the laptop it is possible that the laptop does not support it or i have to do something else from bios i will love some help if possible . Any suggestions? Thank you.
 this is my laptop : AN515-52-50VR
 this is the ssd : SSD5

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Does it appear in the bios information section?
    Researching about your model in the acer community, it is compatible with nvme, but it is very likely to be limited to only 2 lanes: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555514/can-my-acer-nitro-5-an515-52-support-a-nvme-ssd and https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-AN515-52/83703
    What is the version of bios installed? The last version is the 1.19 (Improve NVME performance)
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zuzzu
    Options
    i have just checked the bios it appears in it and the version it is 1.19. even in the device manage it shows. i will attach some photos.
  • Zuzzu
    Options
    and could you explain what do you mean by 2 lanes? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Options
    OK! This indicates that ssd is being properly identified!
    It is possible that the drive is not converted to gpt and is also unreadable. To resolve this, log in to cmd or powershell as administrator and enter the commands below:

You must select the ssd number in the sel disk command
    Instead of typing format fs= fat32 quick, type format fs=ntfs quick!
    These commands erase everything on the drive!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zuzzu
    Options
    i manage to make it show up. it was just not allocated. thx anyway for the help
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Go into disk management and then right-click the unallocated disk and select new simple volume:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer