Acer Aspire 3 A315-31 freezes when it sets idle

colleen1966
colleen1966 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
how can I fix this problem

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search power plan. Select edit power plan in left panel. Change settings to NEVER for both turn off display and put computer to sleep. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dlkrause
    dlkrause Member Posts: 3 New User
    I did that over a month ago....still freezes! 
  • JackE
    Which power plan do you have set? Balanced, power saver or performance? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dlkrause
    Thanks for responding JackE.  'Balanced' . 
  • JackE
    Edit Balanced plan settings to never put the computer to sleep on battery or plugged in while idling. The biggest energy drain by far is the screen display so you can choose to turn that off after as many minutes as you like. I also choose never for the display because when I step away from the machine I always hit the power button to turn it off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @colleen1966

I recommend you to try methods listed in the article "How to Fix Computer Freezes When Idle Windows 10"
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• dlkrause
    Not sure for me Balatekie!!  We'll see

• JackE
    dlkrause Please just try the simple things first.  Edit Control Panel power plan Balanced settings to never put the computer to sleep on battery or plugged in while idling. The biggest energy drain by far is the screen display so you can choose to turn that off after as many minutes as you like. I also choose never for the display because when I step away from the machine I always hit the power button to turn it off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Guest1957
    Guest1957 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I had the exact same problem.

No viruses, no hardware issues and a factory reset only temporarily fixed the problem.

What I did was removed all of the Acer bloatware that comes with the factory install on Windows. I haven't had a problem since.